* Recommended by Time Out DesignMyNight and Fluid Foundation *
* One hour 3 cocktails £19pp classes & Two hour 5 cocktails £30pp classes *
** See PeacockBar YouTube Channel for videos of Fri /Sats & Activities**
*Gift Vouchers Cocktail Classes Gift Experiences *
* "Drop In" cocktail classes Thursday 6pm-10pm £4 per cocktail! *
* "Romantic" "Dating" "Friends" "Girls Night Out" "Boys Night Out" cocktail classes *
* "Party" cocktail lessons for birthday, hen and stag party groups *
* "Corporate" cocktail making masterclass for office party groups *
* "Apprentice" Games & "Top Gear" Team building & Corporate event Classes
The Peacock is Battersea and Clapham Junction London's award winning 2am late night cocktail bar, restaurant & night club venue, but with a twist, combining burlesque and cabaret early evening with retro 70s/80s/90's Djs later on, every Friday & Saturday, to create truly awesome club nights. What we have done is injected a bit of burlesque, cabaret, theatre and inter activity to make an entirely new kind of cocktail lesson specially designed to be fun for romantic couples, party groups, team building evenings and corporate events in London!
Also don't miss our fabulous "Drop In" cocktail classes Thursdays 6pm-10pm - only £4 per cocktail! No need to book great for friends, birthday parties and after work social gatherings looking for something a bit different.
Finally check out our all new Posh or Chav? Champagne tasting classes, burlesque classes cupcake classes, chocolate making classes and afternoon cream teas. They make great afternoon / early evening hen party activities fun (see end of page).
Gift experience Cocktail Lesson Vouchers - the perfect Birthday present idea or Christmas gift idea
Due to popular demand we now also do Gift experience cocktail lesson vouchers. Our A4 size experience cocktail vouchers are beautifully designed and we personalize each one with the name(s) of the lucky recipient(s) and we can also include a short personalized message In addition each Experience voucher comes with a guide to all the different kinds of lessons we do - to spur the imagination. The recipient can then call or email us at his /her leisure to book the lesson. Our Experience cocktail lesson vouchers make a great Christmas gift idea for girlfriend, birthday present idea for boyfriend, or wedding gift idea for couple.
Gift experience cocktail lesson options include
- emailable or card version Experience vouchers
- we can email or post direct to the lucky recipient or to you to forward on.
- choose any of our cocktail lessons types (the most popular being our two hour 5 cocktail romantic lessons for couples)
- combine with other Peacock party options such as our hugely popular personalized flaming cake or three course dinners.
Our Experience cocktail lesson vouchers are valid indefinitely and can be used Monday - Saturday for groups of two or more people. Each group has its own personal cocktail trainer who we promise will keep you entertained as well as teaching you a thing or two! We are also more than happy to advise on the best options to choose. Don't fancy cocktail lessons have a look at our Experience burlesque champagne dinner vouchers
To book your cocktail experience voucher email email@example.com or call Larry on 020 7223 9633. or buy online below
To buy a one hour 3 cocktail Gift experience voucher for one or more people click here
To buy a two hour 5 cocktail Gift experience voucher for one or more people click here
ps recipient field put in name of recipients and we advise opting for vouchers to be sent to yourself to forward on
Looking for a great Xmas gift vouchers, birthday gift ideas for boyfriend, wedding present ideas for bride, Christmas gift ideas for girlfriend, birthday present ideas for him, Christmas gift vouchers for her, anniversary present for mother, Xmas gift ideas for boyfriend, or wedding gift ideas for groom look no further
*The basic One Hour 3 Cocktails Per Person Lesson £19 per person*
Cocktail Lessons sound too much like hard work - not the way we do it! Our lessons are all about fun. We put you behind the bar and whilst we show you how to make cocktails we much more importantly how to do so in a sexy way with flair and panache. Oh plus you all get to drink whatever you make too.
What cocktails you ask - well that is upto you but we find mojitos, caipirinha, long island iced teas, brambles, cosmopolitan's and sex on the beach are the most popular. They are all double 50cl spirit measures too although we can also teach /make "virgin" alternatives too
We also teach you juggling (subject to your coordination and sobriety) as well as various flirting combinations, techniques and tricks. This includes the infamous "I will make you something special" combined with a hip wiggle, raised eyebrow and hair flick plus great cheesy one liners like "This is Fidel Castro's favorite cocktail" and "Brad and Angelina swear by it"
You will be taught by our most charismatic and good looking mixologists who will be all dressed up in white tie and more than willing to show you all the tricks of the trade not to mention a few things of another kind given half a chance. Remember great cocktail making is as much about attitude and presentation as it is about mixology. This is cocktail making burlesque cabaret style
And to cap it all off we and your friends score you with special cards we give you with comments ranging from "null points" to "you are a sexy beast who makes a mean cocktail" with a lot in between.
To make our lessons really go with a sizzle let us know some embarrassing /funny stories about the hen (and groom too) and other facts -like which girls are game for a laugh and which are single. Then just watch our mixologists work the room!
Everyone who completes the course gets a special Peacock Cocktail Award of Merit certificate too
For larger groups over 15 we will split you into two Teams taught by two staff with a blind tasting at the end to see just who mixes the meanest cocktails with additional points given for flair and presentation
"Romantic" vs "Party" vs "Dating" vs "Friends" vs "Girls Night Out" vs "Boys Night Out" vs "Corporate" Cocktail Lessons
Whilst the basic structure of the three kinds of classes are the same the emphasis is very different
- for the "romantic" cocktail classes the pace is slower and the emphasis on execution and presentation. We find that it works best if the "boyfriend" makes his partner's favourite cocktail first plus one for him self. Then take a break together to drink them before repeating the process but with "the girlfriend" making the next round of cocktails. Our scoring cards are also more on a romantic ("The best boyfriend in the world ever")
- our "dating" cocktail classes are a bit like our romantic ones but our cocktail trainer will get you to make a cocktail together and if the mood is right maybe say "wow you make such a cute couple". Then take a break together to drink them before repeating the process but with "the date " making the next round of cocktails. Our scoring cards are also more on the flirtatious side ("The best date in the world ever", "my place or yours?")
- for the "party" cocktail classes the emphasis is on fun with a lot of naughtiness and silliness. We find that it often works best having two people behind the bar at a time one either side of the trainer and to start with the hen or birthday boy/girl first. Our scoring cards are also more on the naughty side ("not just good in the bedroom")
- our "friends" cocktail lessons follow the "party" cocktail class format but are more restrained and a lot more casual... we basically play it by ear and follow your lead . Our scoring cards are also more restrained too bu still fun ("null points")
- our "girls night out " cocktail lessons follow the "friends" cocktail class format but we might ask you all to make your own incredibly vulgar "Chavarella" cocktail ... we basically play it by ear and follow your lead . Our scoring cards are also more girly too ("nice face pity about the cocktails")
- well for our "boys night out" cocktail lessons we would never ask you to make a "Chavarella" cocktail - far too girly - what about finishing with something manly like a triple layered shot challenge against the clock Top Gear Style?
- for the "corporate" cocktail classes we find adding a bit of competition often works really well including having awards for the best and worst performers with the trainer(s) scoring you on execution, presentation, style and charisma. Our scoring cards also have more of a corporate slant too ("must try harder"). Don't forget though to see our Apprentice and Top Gear themed corporate cocktail evenings
The extended 5 Cocktails per person Two Hour Lesson £30 per person
The two hour course is more structured and we finding adding the following additional elements often works well
- "chavarella cocktail". We get you to make a really vulgar cocktail "Faliriki style". Think pineapple slices, glazed cherries (tinned of course) plays naturally umbrellas, sparklers and errr.......whipped cream. Oh and we photograph you monstrosity in hand blowing your cool for ever!
- "Top Gear triple layered shot trial". For the last cocktail try making a triple layered shot against the clock - the results are often hilariously bad.
- basic flaring . Ever fancied yourself as Tom Cruise in Cocktail here is your chance to find out that there is absolutely no resemblance what so ever
- design your own cocktail. Our trainers can help your group design their own special cocktail to make, taste and score. The more vulgar the better!
We also recommend having a break to eat during the class and/or after the class. Our £10/£15 sharing plates are perfect for this
The extended 5 Cocktails per person Two Hour Lesson £30 per person- "The Apprentice Version"
This variant is all based around the Apprentice and is hilarious although don't tell everyone in advance exactly what we are planning - works best as a surprise and for that reason I am not going to tell you too much about how we do it either but from the set up, cast of characters and props you should be able to get the general idea. Whilst the structure of the Lesson (see below) is the same as for the Party version the start, scoring basis and end are very different. Ideal for team building events, staff drinks, office parties and corporate events
Teams: Two or more teams with own trainer with a maximum team size of 10ish
Cocktail Trainers and Team Leaders: One for each team (trainers in white tie /30s evening dress)
The scorer . One (two for larger groups) scoring you on execution, presentation, style and charisma
Laminated Cards: You're Fired cards with Sir Alan's most withering put downs, You're Hired cards, Review cards with cruel/kind comments ("More team fool than team leader")
Awards: Best Team, Best Team performer, Overall Winner, Worst Team Performer, Overall Worst Performer
Soundtracks: Various including Alan intro and his most brutal firings and asides to Martha and Nick (plus some of theirs too).
Other: Photographer, Dunces hats and Winner hats.
For larger groups we find the Apprentice works best if we commence firings from the third cocktail onwards (they still take part in the class and have to try extra hard to avoid the Worst Performer Awards) with lots of warning being given in the earlier rounds. Having a layered shot as one of the last two cocktails also helps upping the pressure.. A bottles of champagne or cava to be shared by all also makes an excellent prize and a good end to the class. .We can of course customize the Apprentice to your group's specific requirements including adding your own video/ soundtrack /sound bites (extra charge for this).
We recommend booking The Apprentice cocktail class with a cordoned off area and food or for larger groups as a private event.
The extended 5 Cocktails per person Two Hour Lesson £30 per person- "The Apprentice World Cup Version"
In this version we split into multiple teams of approximately 11 people each and our trainers are miraculously changed into managers and our scorers into a referee and linesman But as you probably guesses there are rather a lot of yellow and red cards given out so do expect to be sent off. You get to pick your own country in advance. We did this for leading UK internet price comparison site Mobile Broadband Providers with each sales team (Vodafone, 02 etc) picking a different country
The extended 5 Cocktails per person Two Hour Lesson £30 per person Apprentice- "The Apprentice Top Gear Version"
We created this by accident (happens a lot that!) and now it our most popular corporate cocktail variant. The structure is tha same as our Standard Apprentice Model except as the last cocktail we insert a time trialled 3 layer shooter round. We put your whole team behind the bar to each make the perfect three layered shot BUT against the clock with extra points for style, flair and presentation (ie three clear levels equally proportioned).
From that we get a Best Team Apprentice and A Worst Team Apprentice for each team plus a overall Best Team and Overall Worst Team. But the fun does not stop there as we then do a head to head with all the Best Team Apprentices and Worst Team Apprentices to get The Best Apprentice Ever! and Worst Apprentice Ever!
But we have not finished yet because the Best Team Apprentice Ever! has to go up against our "Stig" (aka Emiliano Casciello ex Atlantic Bar & Grill when it was cool) who will of course humiliate you and show you just exactly who the boss is!
Now people do get rather over excited by all this and there can be a little bit too much cheering and booing (very unsporting by the way!) which can be a bit annoying for other customers if it is not a private event so we now have time penalties if you are noisy or worse difficulty penalties where we make you do a four layered shot . You have been warned!
Posh or Chav? Champagne Tasting Classes (3 champagnes £25pp, 4 champagnes £33pp, 5 champagnes £40pp)
Do you have a large estate or are you just from a large estate? Lets find out and better...... lets let everyone else know the answer too!
Here is how it works - we give your group scoring cards with comments like "a large toffee nose absolutely oozing class .. a bit like me" or "a cheap common plonk popular on down market council estates like yours" and numbered (but otherwise unmarked) champagnes for you to taste. All you have to do is match the comments to the bottles as a group and individually.
Get it right and we deck you out in top hats, tiaras and cravats with cards like "Posh tottie" for your photos. Get it wrong and we deck you out in Burberry, cheap bling jewelery and accessorise you with bottles of Thunderbird (for the girls) and cans of Special Brew (for the boys) for your photos (the cards are not very flattering either!).
The 3 champagne tasting is £25pp, the 4 champagne tasting is £33pp and the 5 champagne tasting is £40pp. The minimum class size is 7 and one of the champagne's is actually a sparkling wine - lets hope you can spot it or else!
Great fun for girly nights out, birthday parties, hen nights and stag parties.
The Belgian Fruit Beer Tasting Extravaganza (£4 per person per bottle /pint)
Had enough of cocktails for one night!. Well try our Belgian Fruit Beer Tasting Extravaganza where you each pick one or more fruit flavoured Belgian beer from our huge range - starting with A for apricot and going all the way through to S for Strawberry. These are all served in mini glasses for you all to try. Then buy lots more of the ones you like (oh and feel free to ask the staff to ask for their recommendations they love the stuff!) !
When, where and bookings?
Cocktail Lessons are available on Saturdays from 1pm-8.30pm and Sunday -Friday 5pm-9.30pm. Allow 45 minutes min for a three cocktail lesson and one hour 45 minutes min for a five cocktail lesson. We can also arrange afternoon classes mid week.
And afterwards why not stay on and enjoy the shows Friday and Saturdays (details on Whats On page)
We are just two minutes from Clapham Junction Station and less than five minutes from Battersea Rise, Lavender Hill, Northcote Road, St Johns Hill, Jongleurs, Wessex House and Clapham Grand nightclub. Looking for a great birthday party venue in Surrey, stag night venue in Middlesex, hen party restaurant in Sussex, Belgian beer tasting in Berkshire cocktail classes in Hampshire, team building events in Buckinghamshire , or 80s club nights in Kent - forget it come to London instead!
To book your cocktail lessons email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Larry on 020 7223 9633
Peacock Cocktail Bar Restaurant & Club
148 Falcon Road (2 mins Clapham Junction)
London SW11 2LW
Tel: 020 7223 9633
Fax 020 7542 8032